We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Developer who will help to develop our client’s portfolio of intrusion detection and prevention products and then integrate into a range of embedded systems using access points and Wi-fi enabled devices.
Embedded C Software Developer’s Core Duties
- Develop new features for a wireless intrusion detection/prevention system based on C and PCAP libraries. This system will be part of an embedded Wi-Fi access point based on the OpenWRT operating system.
- Help develop verification and test procedures for new software/firmware releases.
- Maintain the portability of this system to (and across) new device platforms such as Ath9k/10k based chipsets.
- Maintain a secure OpenSSL client-server connection to send information about the Wi-Fi status back to a Python server running on a Cloud-based server; includes extending the current interface standard based on new business and technical requirements.
- Maintain an automated remote update system from a centralised repository.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Engineering Manager and other team members over work progress and present regular progress reports, including maintenance of relevant project documentation.
- Help develop and present demonstrations of the system to company directors as well as potential customers.
Embedded C Software Developer’s Skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge of client/server models for TCP/IP based internet communications.
- Development experience in Embedded C, Bash
- Competency in UNIX/Linux based embedded and development environments
- Experience in Linux Kernel and Device Driver Development
- Ability to work with DVCS such as Git / MercurialDesirable skills:
- Good knowledge of WiFi standards and threats
- Working knowledge of existing 802.11 device driver architectures (or similar)
- Development experience in Python, C/C++
- OS experience in OpenWRT
- Experience interfacing with libPCAP, libOpenSSL
- Experience debugging wired/wireless network protocols using tools such as Aircrack-ng,Wireshark/Tcpdump
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today