We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a temporary ICT Technician to join an education establishment based in Cambridge, initially on a temporary basis with a possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate.
The overall purpose is to support teaching staff in ensuring that the students of the school are able to achieve their learning potential through the provision of high quality, relevant ICT support services that enable teaching staff to maximise their capacity for delivering the curriculum and encourage students to use ICT effectively.
ICT Support Technician’s Core Duties
- Maintain and continuously monitor the efficient operation of the ICT Infrastructure to ensure full functionality for students and staff use.
- Repair hardware and software within technical capabilities
- Ensure the health and safety of the equipment and operation including safe transit of equipment, assembly and dismantling of equipment and materials, cleaning and storage
- Ensure the systematic checking, cleaning, security and integrity of all classroom equipment.
- Provide technical assistance and practical support for the Schools ICT systems to students and staff within agreed timescales including;
- Set up hardware/peripherals and install software as required
- Assist with implementation and installation of new ICT based hardware
- Assist with the preparation of maintenance programmes.
ICT Support Technician’s Requirements
- Experience supporting IT hardware
- Experience supporting Software
- Experience working in a Windows environment
- Must hold a current Enhanced DBS Certificate
- IT Qualification
- Experience working in a school would be highly desirable
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today