We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a IT Systems Support Specialist.
IT Systems Support Specialist’s Job Description
You will provide a sound mix of communications skills, technical ability, initiative and process design / enhancement to cover the 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support requirements of the organisation. You will also assist the IT Manager with defining, implementing and policing clear standards and approaches to support delivery such that the user environment is standardised as far as possible.
IT Systems Support Specialist Core Duties
- Respond to calls raised within the helpdesk system in a timely and customer focussed manner escalating as appropriate to internal IT Team members of 3rd party vendors.
- Help to manage the smooth operation of the helpdesk system itself (SharePoint based) with strong input to the management of user requests and the asset database.
- Proactively work to manage and support the end user desktop experience / environment with input into defining, implementing and policing clear agreed management processes and standards as required. Including support of Windows 10 desktops / Laptops / Virtual PC’s and Tablets.
- Use of SCCM to aid support.
- Proactively enforce agreed security standards and processes as well as assisting with the management of end user Anti-Virus applications as needed to keep our IT environment secure.
- Carry out starter and leaver processes as required - user accounts, hardware, IT Inductions.
- Proactively support Classroom equipment across 3 sites with site visits as necessary including Projectors, Interactive whiteboards, PC’s and assist with seasonal work with site support visits across a further 4 sites.
- Assist other areas of the IT team with the management and pro-active cover for all IT systems to ensure users receive the best possible service.
- Maintain detailed records of build and installation processes for hardware and software to maximise efficiency and consistency within the user desktop environment.
- Manage the day to day administration and support of the VOIP Cloud based telephone system for all users.
- Carry out mobile phone provision, rollout, administration and support. Some Windows and some Android based devices.
- Where relevant, assist with the creation, adoption and execution of operational processes to ensure the smooth delivery of IT services to the business.
- Liaise with 3rd party providers where appropriate for the support and on-going maintenance of the user based hardware and software estate including purchasing of end user equipment as necessary. Maintaining good records for all purchasing in line with processes.
- Work effectively as part of a small team ensuring full communication and knowledge sharing is maintained with documentation as necessary.
- Provide key technical resource on project work as reasonably required.
- Support all end user business applications and systems including:
- Class, Dream, Salesforce. Office 365 Apps (Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel) On Site Till system
- Assist with administration tasks of core business applications as necessary (Class - pricing updates and Admin, Salesforce Admin, Dream Support and Admin).
- Support, and maintain the end user Print infrastructure - MFD’s and printers. Carry out backup and restores for end users as appropriate using Microsoft DPM and assist with maintaining the tape, disk and cloud back up systems
- Assist with documentation of all systems carrying out DR scenarios as appropriate with other IT team members as per the DR Schedule ensuring DR capability is maintained.
IT Systems Support Specialist’s Requirements
- 1st and 2nd line IT Support on phone, in person and remotely.
- Core business application support - ERP, Finance, CRM or similar.
- Mobile Device prep and rollout / support
- Printer Support HW / SW
- Desktop / Laptop Support, Build Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Liaising with external vendors for support purposes - escalating tickets to resolution
- MCSA, MTA, MCP, CompTIA A+ Not essential
- Use of helpdesk systems and logging tickets. Tracking to resolution
- Basic Networking understanding TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Comms cabinet patching.
- Documentation of processes
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to translate technical issues into layman’s terms.