We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Tester to join a highly successful organisation based in Bromley. The main purpose of the role is creating, maintaining, organising and improving automated tests for the company.
Software Tester’s Core Duties
- Investigating automated test failures and determining the cause.
- Resolving test failures caused by test or data faults.
- Developing new tests for added features and to improve coverage of existing software.
- Gaining full understanding of the existing automated testing framework and suggesting software/process improvements where possible.
- Maintaining the automated testing framework, liaising with the development team where needed.
- Confirming, documenting and raising bugs for genuine software defects (with assistance where needed).
- Evaluate testing software to ensure that STC are making full use of tools available.
- Helping the team with manual testing of STC software on an ad-hoc basis.
- Any other testing related tasks seen fit by management
Soft Ware Tester’s Skills required
- Experience with Test Studio by Progress is beneficial.
- Sound knowledge of different types of testing. In particular, Unit Testing, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Excellent Communication Skills at all levels of the business
- Experienced using JIRA or other similar bug tracking solutions.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working in an agile environment, eg using Kanban methodology.
- Able to work exactly to specification and seek clarification where required
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today