We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Telecommunications sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Product Manager to join a global telecommunications company.
Focus of this role will be transversal across the product management team working on billing and commercial offerings.
The product manager will be responsible for service building blocks that are transversal across product lines. These include (non exhaustive list) : commercial offer, billing & rating and customer service reporting and statistics. He/she drives the new feature development in these domains. The product manager leads the implementation of these new developments with all departments involved. Based on customer feedback, a vision on the future of telecommunications and competitive intelligence, the product manager develops future roadmaps for his/her domain of responsibility.
The product manager is also responsible for the pre-sales support of his/her products and services towards large prospects. He/she participates in meetings and calls with customers and contributes substantially to writing answers to Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
Telecommunication Product Manager’s Role & Responsibility
- Conduct market analysis and competitive intelligence
- Drive internal/external communications related to your domains of responsibility
- Develop business cases for new features
- Write detailed product requirements and a corresponding acceptance criteria and validate these with other departments, customers, prospects and/or partners
- Follow up on the implementation of new features
- Execute functional acceptance tests
- Track the performance of newly developed services against business case
- Act as the middleman between sales team and technical/operational teams for all matters relating to the domains you are responsible for
- Assist the sales team with answering technical inquiries of prospects and customers
- Take an active role in meetings or conference calls with prospects and customer, preparing custom presentations for this purpose
Business Project management
- Manage the implementation of some of your projects with project contributors from other departments, from business case to "sunset review", in-line with project management methodology.
- Includes monthly status presentations to the executive team.
- Prior to launch, you ensure that all tests have been performed and that systems and tools are ready
- Organise internal and external communication to launch the service.
Telecommunications Product Manager’s Key Experience
- IT or Telecommunications engineer with marketing experience or commercial engineer with strong technical affinity.
- +2 years of professional experience, preferably in telecommunications or (enterprise) cloud services
- Excellent English speaking and writing
- Postgraduate business education or MBA is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise (tele)communications networks and systems is a plus
- Good understanding of web development standards (HTTP, SOAP, REST) and APIs is a plus
- Strong communicator, methodical and organized
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today