MCS AE 222900
3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Support and Training
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a 3rd Line Application Engineer who will work in the Technical Support Team, providing remote support to the company’s broad range of customers.
3rd Line Application Engineer’s Core Duties
- Dealing with communications from Clients regarding Supported Technologies and Proactive Monitoring Alerts, then when appropriate creating incidents, service requests, problem records and change requests.
- Triaging escalated incidents by accurately assessing impact and investigating issues in a timely manner, whilst adhering to Response SLAs and KPIs.
- Owning and managing escalated tickets both procedurally and technically within Resolution SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensuring all information is clearly and accurately recorded on tickets.
- Escalating tickets to 3rd parties and vendors; then proactively chasing.
- Owning and managing changes to customer environments by creating Request for Changes, which include detailed and actuate information; then arranging implementation.
- Owning and managing own ticket queue.
- Be a champion of supported Application Technologies by having deep technical knowledge, also having the finger on the pulse of new up and upcoming functionally and security patches.
- Mentoring 2nd Line Engineers Technical Skill and Knowledge.
3rd Line Application Engineer’s Skills required
- You should be a person who enjoys working with technology and is eager to learn and proactively pick up new knowledge and skills.
- Concise communication skills and able to give excellent customer service to our customers.
- Has an effective approach to troubleshooting and is a natural problem solver
- 3rd Line Application Engineer should ideally have technical ability in the following: -
Tier 1 Technologies: Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x, Citrix NetScaler
Tier 2 Technologies: Citrix XenApp 6.x, Citrix PVS, Citrix XenMobile, Citrix XenServer, iGel Management, Veeam Backup and Replication, Citrix Sharefile (inc On-Prem SZC), Citrix WEM, Citrix UniDesk, Citrix Cloud Services
Tier 3 technologies: UniPrint, Ivanti AppSense, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10, Windows Active Directory AD/GPOs/DHCP/DNS, Atlantis USX, FS Logix, Mimecast, Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Microsoft Office 365 hybrid with OnPrem, Microsoft Azure, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V
Are you enthusiastic about the 3rd Line Application Engineer job? Send us your CV in word format today