Business Systems & Databases, SAP
£23,290 to £27,489 Per Annum
LinkPoint and IT Recruit specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant System Manager to support the Systems Manager in the delivery of a safe and effective school based Information Communication Technology (ICT) resource for use by staff, students, parents and the wider community.
Assistant System Manager’s Core Duties
- Support the Systems Manager with major developments of the school’s ICT resources.
- Provide high-quality technical support including routine maintenance.
- Along with the Systems Manager produce the school ICT Network and Resource Plan and its review.
- With the Systems Manager contribute to the School’s SDP recognising the important role ICT has in raising standards of student achievement, teaching and learning excellence, and in improving administrative systems.
- Monitor developments in ICT and consider how these can be used to further enhance Thamesmead as a centre of learning, both for curriculum and administration purposes, and as a community focused school.
- Install and manage additional network components as appropriate.
- With the Systems Manager ensure health and safety backup, virus protection and security procedures are in place to protect hardware, data and confidential information.
- Support the effective operation of the School’s Management Information System (MIS) - currently SIMS.
- Liaise with the Systems Manager with regard to staff training and the appropriate use of ICT resources and applications by staff.
- With the Systems Manager, document and publicise all ICT systems and procedures.
- Support links with other education institutions to provide sharing of information and good practice.
- ICT Network infrastructure and security including managing accessibility opportunities for all users.
- Management Information System (currently SIMS)
- Interactive Whiteboards and Data Projectors; associated hardware and software.
- Computers and laptops
- Peripheral Hardware (e.g. printers, photocopiers, telephones, OMR readers and scanners).
- Security (CCTV cameras and software support for staff identity badges and electronic entrances/exists).
- Software application on the Network and stand alone.
- School’s intranet use for staff resources.
- Advice guidance and support for the use of all ICT hardware and software.
Assistant System Manager’s Skills required
- Knowledge of Windows based networks and operating systems
- A knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Supporting and managing SQL servers
- A knowledge of Sharepoint
- Ability to prioritise work
- Strong listening skills
- Strategies for working with other people
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- The ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to become competent in support of the School
- Management Information System
- A keen interest in ICT and the changing world of hardware and
- A willingness to cooperate in the various tasks that arise out of
- new technologies
- A collaborative approach to providing IT support
Assistant System Manager’s Key Experience and Qualifications
- Qualifications including GCSE (or equivalent) and/or post 16 further education or have broad relevant work experience that includes experience of operating and responding to non-routine work situations
- Be willing to attend appropriate training and development
- At least one year of managing networks
- Experience of acting in a support role to other staff
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today