Engineers and Maintenance, Microsoft Infrastructure
£25,000 Per Annum
IT Recruit UK and LinkPoint Resources specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Desktop Engineer to provide users a local service through second line support in order to solve business related network, computer and telephony problems.
Work within IT Department carrying out support, Incident/Problem/Change handling and also undertaking any tasks given.
Desktop Engineer’s Core Duties
- Support and as necessary provide cover for other members of staff within the Department, according to level of experience and expertise to assist in maintaining a full and effective service throughout the organisation.
- Provide onsite support for all non-recurring Incidents to minimise down time and help achieve the most efficient use of the technology available.
- Monitor Problems occurring within the departments in order to identify key trends or patterns and either respond to or refer these issues as appropriate
- Liaise with 1st and 3rd line for support and information
- Work Planning with ITS Department and local facilities teams for large projects
- Write and test simple user procedures to support users in operating the new software.
- Write and test departmental procedures in line with ITIL standards, and publish these to the knowledge base
- Uphold and adhere to policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by your line manager
- Agree to conduct yourself in line with the general standards of conduct and behaviour as detailed in the organisation’s Code of Conduct which include awareness of risk, health and safety at work, data protection and embracing the cultural diversity of all colleagues and customers
Desktop Engineer’s Essential Criteria
- Full clean driving licence
- Good knowledge of Windows XP\Vista\Windows 7 and MS Office 2003
- Good understanding of basic network installations and how to troubleshoot issues
- Good customer service experience
- Good understanding of installing/troubleshooting ADSL/SDSL connections
- Good knowledge of hardware - Compaq/HP pc’s, HP/Ricoh printers/Laptops
- Familiarity with ITIL terminology
Desktop Engineer’s Desirable Criteria
- Some knowledge of Novell Groupwise, Novell Client, Ghost imaging, Remote fix tools ZENremote\Windows Remote
- Some knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange/Outlook, SCOM, SCCM
- Some understanding of Nortel telephony and Blackberry’s
- Some understanding of server/cabinet patching
- Some experience of using a service management system
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today