1st Line Support / Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk, 3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Helpdesk Manager, Support and Training, Systems / Support Analyst
£25,000 Per Annum
LinkPoint specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the ITsector. We have an excellent opportunity for an ICT Support Technician will provide day-to-day ICT support for staff and students on a school site. They will liaise with the School staff and the ICT Service Desk to identify, prioritise and resolve all ICT support and service requests.
This position is a group role and may be required to support other schools/sites as requested by the ICT Network Manager and/or ICT Client Services Manager.
ICT Support Technician’s Core Duties
- Carry out routine maintenance of all computer hardware and network services to maintain agreed availability.
- Respond to and resolve ICT faults and requests through onsite visits and remote support tools, to achieve agreed service levels.
- Install and configure approved computer hardware and licenced software, following agreed policies and procedures.
- Maintain site documentation, including hardware and software inventories, to ensure accuracy of information, legal and financial compliance.
- Manage staff and student user accounts following agreed policies and procedures.
- Monitor server back-ups to ensure system and user data is protected and secure.
- Monitor ICT (physical and network) security and report any risks or incidents to School Head teachers, the ICT Network Manager, ICT Client Service Manager and the Head of ICT (UK).
- Maintain site documentation to ensure accuracy of information.
- Any other reasonably requested duties.
ICT Support Technician’s Person Specification
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, effective time management and the ability to work unsupervised
- Must be able to use initiative and work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and methods
- Have the ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to work closely with and help develop the skills of other team members
- Experience of working in a Service Desk environment (1st or 2nd line support role)
- A clean UK driving license
ICT Support Technician’s Technical Skills
- Microsoft Active Directory:
- Windows 7/8/10 OS
- Microsoft Office /10/13 Suites
- LAN & WAN technologies and protocols, including VLAN, wireless, DNS, DHCP.
- SIMS.net: Support
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today