MD / ICT Tech 336835
1st Line Support / Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk, Support and Training, Systems / Support Analyst
£20,000 to £22,500 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an ICT Technician to work for a school based in Ditton.
The ICT Technician will assist in the development, support, maintenance and security of all ICT systems within the school. Also Assist in the installation, configuration and testing of hardware and software and providing technical advice and assistance in the classroom to support students and teaching staff with learning activities.
ICT Technician’s Core Duties
- You shall establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals.
- You shall assist with the operation of the school’s information and communication networks, undertaking appropriate repairs as necessary.
- You shall assist with the effective development of the school’s information and communications networks including the website.
- You shall advise and assist her/his line manager and the senior leadership team on hardware and software matters within the school including any ICT developments, relevant bids and suppliers.
- You shall assist administrative staff with hardware and software operations as required by her/his line manager
- You shall assist with ensuring that staff and students have a satisfactory, robust, reliable and secure ICT environment, including back-up schemes for the curriculum and administration ICT environments.
- You shall assist with installation and configuration of hardware and software including new releases, carry out testing and train staff and students.
- You shall assist in the monitoring of the performance of hardware, software and the network, identifying problems and resolving them, and advise her/his line manager of issues and potential improvements.
- You shall assist in ensuring security of work on the network by maintaining a regular programme of backing-up, including taped back-ups and mirrored hard drives, and setting and monitoring access levels of all users.
- You shall assist with the safe receipt and storage of hardware, software and consumables including any necessary unpacking and installation.
- You shall check and re-fit toner and cartridges and carry out periodic printer maintenance such as head cleaning and alignment.
- You shall assist in maintaining a log of problems, changes and resolutions.
- You shall support the network by adding new members of the school community and the archiving of user materials from school leavers before removal of their user accounts.
ICT Technician’s Key Experience
- Studied to a minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*–C) or equivalent, in English and mathematics.
- ICT related qualifications.
- Experience of working within an ICT environment, diagnosing and solving problems (at least two years).
- Ability to build and form good relationships with colleagues and students.
- Good working knowledge of a range of ICT software, hardware and other resources.
- Understanding of networks, LAN, WAN and Internet topologies, protocols and techniques
- Experience of working in a school or similar establishment, not essential
Are you enthusiastic about the ICT Technicians job? Send us your CV in word format today