MA TSA 3483655
3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Exchange Specialist, Firewall & Security, Helpdesk Manager, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, LAN/WAN, Microsoft Infrastructure, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Office Communication Server / OCS , Server Administrator, Server Consolidation, Service Delivery, Service Desk Analyst 1-3rd Line, Storage Virtualisation, Support and Training, System Admin Technician Engineer, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Consultant, System Center Service Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Systems / Support Analyst, Systems Management, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Technical Architect, Threat Management Gateway, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
+ bens Circa £40k
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT support Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst to join the Infrastructure team for an IT firm based in Harold Hill.
The IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for the sound delivery of technical services for new and existing clients. You will be part of a team, supporting environments that deliver hosted services to thousands of users across the UK.
You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large-scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customers’ business critical systems.
IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s Core Duties
- Identify and introduce new IT procedures to facilitate greater efficiency
- Maintain and monitor all networks, security and computer systems, consisting of 300+ VMs, to meet the organisations current and future requirements.
- Maintain and monitor all Juniper firewall clusters and comms gear
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- Work within strict timeframes and elevate incidents within defined timeframes.
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software and hosted applications.
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure a productive environment.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendors.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
- Maintain the necessary documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of all calls.
- Assess the severity and priority of incoming incidents within a timely manner and take the appropriate action to provide the most effective solution. This may include escalating potential problems such as the use of unauthorised software, major software/hardware outages, dangerous operating practices and the rise of loss or damage to hardware or software, which could be discovered during your day-to-day support activities.
IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s Key Skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Cisco and other routing technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Juniper and other firewall technologies, including VPNs
- Extensive knowledge and experience of VMWARE infrastructure management.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience of NAS and SAN storage clusters
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Exchange solutions
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience of Microsoft SQL solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to discuss user issues in non-technical language, as appropriate
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to lead and impart knowledge into team members
- Previous experience in a technical helpdesk environment
IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s NOT essential skills, preferred
- CCNA qualified
- VMWARE VCP or similar
- Microsoft MCSE
- Experience in Practise Management Systems (Legal or Finance)
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s job? Send us your CV in word format today