ME / Level 2 Sup 328
1st Line Support / Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk, 3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Graphics Multimedia & Games, Helpdesk Manager, LAN/WAN, Multimedia Designer, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Support and Training, Systems / Support Analyst, TCP/IP, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£26,000 to £29,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join a highly successful and interesting global leader in premium video streaming distribution for live and on-demand content across the entertainment and sports industries. With complete and cutting-edge video streaming offerings, they enable their clients to deliver their content in the highest quality on any device with the industry’s deepest feature set.
As a trusted partner to the world’s largest brands including the NBA, NFL, WWE, UFC, BT Sport, Rogers, Univision, EFL and others, we fundamentally understand both the value of our clients’ content and the most effective ways to deliver best-in-class innovations to the viewer experience.
IT Support Technician’s Core Duties
- The team provides support across a range of issues from live events to platform configuration. Due to the nature of our business being 24/7/365, there will be varied working hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Work through internal/external streaming, VOD and general queries effectively.
- Provide fast and accurate diagnosis of escalated video and audio issues
- Provide guidance on technical issues experienced by clients and internal stakeholders
- Document our runbooks for LION and DICE production services and associated processes.
- Assist with issues on clients LIVE and VOD content
- Taking down illegal streams reported internally or externally
- Assist in keeping high overall uptime of streaming equipment and linear channels in AMER, EMEA and APAC
- Identify and implement remedial actions post incidents including relaying status updates to wider internal stakeholders.
- Identify and escalate possible code issues across all supported platforms
- Assist with testing and training during client onboarding
IT Support Technician’s Skills required
- Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery including codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings
- Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS
- Experience with web technology, database, computer networking a plus
- Good knowledge of APIs and how they work
- Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network)
- Problem determination and analytical skills critical to success
- Time management and high attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Support Technician’s job? Send us your CV in word format today