ME / ITS 437350
1st Line Support / Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk, 3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Exchange Specialist, Firewall & Security, Helpdesk Manager, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, LAN/WAN, Microsoft Infrastructure, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Office Communication Server / OCS , Server Administrator, Server Consolidation, Service Delivery, Service Desk Analyst 1-3rd Line, Storage Virtualisation, Support and Training, System Admin Technician Engineer, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Systems / Support Analyst, Systems Management, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
+ Bens, flexi working
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the IT support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Technician to maintain and where necessary recommend and implement improvements to the IT infrastructure.
IT Support Technician’s Core Duties
- Maintain the server and client network (including Ethernet), Software, internet connections and databases.
- Peripherals maintenance such as printers, faxes, photocopiers and telephone system.
- Maintain fault finding skills to remedy problems with the IT infrastructure including end user PCs.
- Responsible for IT budget monitoring and negotiating contracts with service suppliers and contracts.
- Keen to learn and develop your skills. Where necessary, E&F will make available funds for training courses to achieve this.
IT Support Technician’s Key Skills
- User 1st line and 2nd line support.
- Management of Active Directory
- Virtual server infrastructure (on premise Hyper-V), Distributed file System, IIS (including SSL certificates).
- Microsoft server products Windows server, SQL, Exchange, IIS server.
- Multi-site Server infrastructure (HP DL series).
- Anti-Virus products such as Symantec endpoint protection.
- Network architecture and protocols (such as DNS and DHCP)
- Multi-site VPN connectivity and office firewall technologies, such as Microsoft TMG.
- Shared storage (ideally storage spaces direct and storage spaces).
- VOIP telephony system (Mitel clustered).
- Windows deployment services and patch management using Window server update service (WSUS).
- Respond to multiple needs from multiple clients and to prioritise work accordingly.
- Keen to learn and develop your skills.
- Cope with pressure.
- Organise own workload.
IT Support Technician’s Benefits
- Flexi-working, potential being able to work all hours over 4 days
- Excellent Pension
- Medical insurance
- Company free car park
- 25 Days holiday plus Bank Holiday
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Support Technician’s job? Send us your CV in word format today