1st Line Support / Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk, 3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Firewall & Security, Helpdesk Manager, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, IT Trainer, LAN/WAN, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Server Consolidation, Storage Virtualisation, Support and Training, System Admin Technician Engineer, Systems / Support Analyst, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£25,000 to £27,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Technician based in a highly successful education trust.
IT Support Technician’s Core Duties
- Providing technical support to all the Trust colleagues and students with the emphasis on 1st & 2nd line or specialist support and encompassing 3rd line when required.
- Supporting the development of often complex ICT solutions in conjunction with/ direction from the Director of ICT Services.
- Delivering the appropriate support service, training, and awareness for ICT developments.
- Proactively drive systems development by keeping up to date with innovative systems technologies.
- Supporting, mentoring and training other colleagues of the ICT support team, specifically the IT Technician and IT Intern.
- ICT Systems Development and Support
- Web Site Management
- Compliance and Accountability
- Helping develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Developing solutions based on a set of functional requirements.
- Support ICT implementation projects.
- Maintenance and development of the Trust’s websites.
- Maintenance and development of the Trust’s learning platforms.
- Ensure that all ICT services are in compliance with child protection, data protection and any other relevant legislation.
- Accept responsibility for ICT service problems and actively seek solutions.
IT Support Technician’s Skills required
- At least 1 years’ experience of providing technical support (1st/2nd line) and systems development in a medium to large ICT environment.
- Experience of managing and supporting Windows desktop and server systems and managed network environments.
- Experience using Disaster Recovery technologies and methodologies.
- Experience working on projects as part of a team.
- Experience of other key IT manufacturers or providers products and technologies.
- At least 1 year experience working within an IT Support capacity.
- GCSEs including English and Maths.
- At least 1 year working knowledge of server and switching technologies.
IT Support Technician’s Desirable Qualification
- Microsoft MCSE/MCSE or other Microsoft certification advantageous.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification advantageous.
- VMWARE VCP certification advantageous.
- Experience with VMWare, Cisco, Windows and web technologies advantageous.
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Support Technician’s job? Send us your CV in word format today