Analyst, Analyst Programmer, Developer, Development & Programming, J2EE, Java Developer, Programmer, Software Developer , Software Project Manager, Web Designer
£50,000 Per Annum
flexible working Home / office, Excellent Bens
Welwyn Garden City
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT Development sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Java Developer / Product Data Programmer for a leading company in their field for a highly recognisable brand.
- £50,000 + Excellent benefits
- Flexible working, mixture of home and office based
- Globally recognised leader in their field employer
Product Data Programmer / Java Developer’s Purpose of Role
To manage and work on the development requests from in various system which can deal with our product information, including survey and pricing systems.
Product Data Programmer /Java Developer’s Core Duties
- Proven experience in writing and dealing with internally built systems and their integration.
- Demonstrable experience of coding in a variety of programming languages, including the extraction of data of the system.
- Responsible for ensuring any new system developments are captured and understood by the wider business and key decision makers.
- To assess the effectiveness of IT infrastructure and applications, and to make recommendations for changes or improvements where appropriate.
- Design, programming & testing of product part data, fabrication details, pricing rules, promotional offers and visual image generation for new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Design, development & testing of outputs from the systems.
- Maintain system documentation to facilitate the efficient operation & maintenance of the systems.
- Administration of the Configurator central hub system to include the monitoring of the hub performance to ensure its efficient running.
- Liaison with the IT help desk to ensure that they are aware of any system changes and to assist with the configuration of hardware for new users.
- Provide technical support for the Oscar & Configurator systems.
- Communicate with users of the system to notify them of system changes and ascertain areas for improvement.
- Engage in project management activities where necessary.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet Everest changing priorities
Product Data Programmer / Java Developer’s Key Requirements
- Demonstrable experience of programming in Java.
- Good experience with J2ee
- Experience of using SQL database queries.
- Project management principles (and experience in complex I.T. projects).
- Good communication skills, including report writing and technical presentations.
- Experience of creating product rules designs in Product Configurator software.
- An advanced knowledge of using MS Office applications.
- Excellent communications skills are required for regular interaction with users.
Product Data Programmer / Java Developer’s Desirable, NOT Essential Requirements
- Demonstrable experience of programming in Lisp programming language in ICAD environment.
- Demonstrable experience of programming in Visual Basic 6.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of product engineering design principles, manufacturing processes or similar is an advantage.
- Project management experience.
Are you enthusiastic about the Product Data Programmer /Java Developer’s job? Send us your CV in word format