Analyst, Analyst Programmer, Business Analyst, Developer, Development & Programming, J2EE, Java Developer, PHP Developer, Programmer, Software Developer , Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, Systems Engineer
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
+ Amazing bens and amazing company
IT Recruit UK specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT Development sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer: Android Developer to join a fabulous non profit organisation in Cambridge. You will be working with the very best Cambridge PhD graduates.
Past experience with mobile languages and the genuine desire to develop world-class Android skills are the ideal fit. As part of this team you will lead our efforts to build technology that’s improving healthcare in some of the poorest and most remote environments on the planet.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customise the experience for the Android platform
- Redesign and prototype new features
- Collaborate and leverage UX/UI design principles to build apps that work intuitively
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop innovative user-facing mobile products
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- Mobile application development experience (iPhone, Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Understanding of large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
- Knowledge of multithreading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms
- Unlimited vacation & flex hours
- Field work around the world
- Fun, fast-paced Scrum culture
- Monthly 'Lego’ days where you can work on any project you want
- Free gym memberships
- Coolest office in Cambridge
- Office beer tap
Our client focuses on taking complex technology and making it available to some of the most challenging environments on earth, and they are looking for great engineers to help them do that.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today