MP NE 4532865 CAMB
Firewall & Security, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, LAN/WAN, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Server Consolidation, Storage Virtualisation, System Admin Technician Engineer, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£36,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the IT support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Network Engineer to implement, manage and maintain the network estate, ensuring service availability and minimising the impact of system change and service disruption. Proactively monitoring the network to identify potential issues and rectify the issues identified. Monitor the allocated incident and task lists and act upon those to resolve user issues and return the service to normal operation as quickly as possible.
Network Engineer’s Core Duties
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the core, wide area and local area networks fabrics, and hardware and software technologies delivering high levels of service availability, performance and security. Proactively resolve any faults or failures identified through automated or manual monitoring ensuring any procedures or corrective actions are documented. Ensure relevant configuration and support documentation for network functions are up to date and review a regular intervals.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) in the area of network and security design and management to support the analysis, configuration, build and delivery of a wide range of deliverables.
- Provide the ICT departments Change and Enterprise Architecture processes, with subject matter expertise to undertake technical analytical work underpinned by an understanding of the relevant technologies on a range of developments. Where required, produce formal documentation and provide expert technical advice during evaluation of tenders from suppliers.
- Provide 3rd line technical support and advice to ICT department staff. Undertake assessment, investigation, analysis and resolution of complex problems with ICT products involving all aspects of network management. Negotiate with internal and external suppliers where necessary to resolve issues and successfully implement solutions.
- Maintain an in depth level of up to date IT industry and technical awareness specifically in the network and network security area. Through assessment and analysis undertake investigations into new technologies and evaluate their appropriateness. Provide relevant information and reports to the ICT Strategic Working Group as required.
Network Engineer’s Key Requirements
- Educated to BTECH HND standard in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years’ Network Infrastructure experience
- 2 years’ experience working with Switching and routing equipment.
- Experience with E-mail systems, Skype and similar infrastructure elements is desirable.
- Experience of patching and updating network hardware desirable.
- Must be highly-motivated, innovative and flexible with excellent time management skills.
- Must be capable of good communications at all levels often dealing with complex ICT issues with non-ICT staff.
- Must be conversant and at ease with all forms of communications.
- Ability to work in a team
- CCNA / CCNP would be highly advantageous.
Are you enthusiastic about the Network Engineer’s job? Send us your CV in word format today