1st Line Support / Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support / Helpdesk, 3rd Line Support / Helpdesk, Database Trainer, Exchange Specialist, Firewall & Security, Helpdesk Manager, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, LAN/WAN, Microsoft Infrastructure, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Office Communication Server / OCS , Server Administrator, Server Consolidation, Service Delivery, Service Desk Analyst 1-3rd Line, Solutions Architect, Storage Virtualisation, Support and Training, System Admin Technician Engineer, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Consultant, System Center Service Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Systems / Support Analyst, Systems Management, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Technical Architect, Threat Management Gateway, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£50,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the Telecommunications Sector and we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior IT Engineer for one of the largest fixed-line service and mobile telecommunication providers based in central London.
Senior IT Engineer’s Core Duties
- Provide third line support to resolve user or system related issues.
- Using a significant knowledge of networking, support the company's internal and external networks. Tasks to cover VPN set up, DNS, AP management, Firewall configuration, DHCP, ARP, network adaptor configuration, physical and virtual switches etc.
- Detailed understanding of external connectivity paths, third party relationships, SLA's and performance monitoring. Mapping network connections, configurations and data flows. Database connectivity and file transfer protocols.
- Management of telephony system and third parties. Consideration of strategic direction to take over communications, emerging technologies and compatibility with system in use.
- Support the IT security for the company, including but not limited to:
o Ensure all alerting systems are sufficient and functioning correctly
o Configuring all endpoint protection, keeping client and server software up to date and managing exceptions
o Approving all Windows updates, performing Windows updates to servers as directed and reporting on overall status
o Employing the principle of least privilege to all user administration tasks and ensuring appropriate checks are in place
o Ensuring web and email filtering is sufficient and properly designed, investigating issues and managing rules such as whitelisting
o Design vulnerability scans to be performed and determine correct course of action for items discovered
o Detailed knowledge of firewall set up, configuration and event investigation
- Perform various systems administration functions, including but not limited to:
o Maintenance and updating of automated tools for package deployments
o Server build and design, server hardening
o Ensure all licensing in place and readily demonstrable
o Management of certificates, design, creation, purchase/renewal etc
o Full management, design, implementation and maintenance of virtual backup and replication technology
o Full understanding of Hyper-V. Maintenance and management of the environment including storage on premise and cloud
- Maintenance of automated systems for data extraction
- Support for core system and databases
- Backup and restore
- Upgrades and testing
- Support to third party applications
- Resolve user and system issues at third line
- Maintain security of applications through technical and non-technical measures (patching updates, best practice, password policy etc.)
- Key point of integration for applications between provider and the business
- Up to date on strategic direction of third-party applications and aligning with company strategy
- Provide direction over the requirement for software deployment
- Assess requirements and patch third party applications on a timely basis
- Roadmap and strategy for third party applications
- Design and manage projects to implement change within the IT department and the business
- Perform backup and restore testing as required
- Be responsible for audit visits, supplying information and discussing issues as required
- Other IT related tasks as required by the Head of IT & Business
Senior IT Engineer’s Key Skills
- Proven track record of undertaking effective; incident, request and problem management.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server, RDP, AD, MS Exchange, Hyper V, VMware, PowerShell
- Strong understanding of WAN and LAN Networking.
- Strong working knowledge of System Centre 2012 including operations and virtual machine manager.
- Experience in building and maintain development environments.
- ITIL experience.
- Must be a native Chinese speaker
Are you enthusiastic about the Senior IT Engineer’s job? Send us your CV in word format today