MA STA 7167851
Firewall & Security, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, LAN/WAN, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, Server Consolidation, Storage Virtualisation, System Admin Technician Engineer, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT Management sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Technical Architect / Head of Networks to join a fast growing, highly accredited, award-winning group of technology companies. Specialising in the supply of software, IT hardware, training and service solutions to the public sectors, business and pro media markets.
Senior Technical Architect / Head of Networks’ Core Duties
- Work with Head of Network on day to day performance and capacity of network and infrastructure stack and to enforce company infrastructure policy and industry best
- Provide guidance and leadership on complex technical projects and deliveries.
- Manage IT lifecycle in datacentres.
- Ensure specialist delivery and infrastructure engineers deliver proactive and preventative maintenance to all internal and external infrastructure.
- Ensuring proper project handovers and documentation generated by engineers to BAU support teams.
- Guidance on creating appropriate documentation related to IT systems design, architecture and maintenance.
- Shaping Incident response policies and managing recovery for major outages or infrastructure events.
- Influence network and cloud/storage strategy.
- Represent AS47704s interests at UK Networking events (UKNOF,LINX.LONAP)
- Manage and Provide systems to monitor and report on service SLAs and associated infrastructure.
- Provide consultancy on complex issues/customer needs.
- Manage / Own change control process for services infrastructure.
- Continually review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Solution Architecture for networks/linux/vmware when required, supported initially by the Head of Networks and Infrastructure
- Network troubleshooting and diagnostics or Escalations (TCP/IP v4 and v6, DHCP,
- DNS, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, EVPN, VLANS,, Firewalls, IVPNS, Routing)
- Solution architecture/design /solution build and implementation
- VMWare vSphere (v5.5+) Administration and design
- Dealing with Customer and Infrastructure Alerts and Events impacting BAU operations
- Being part of the extended hours call rota
Senior Technical Architect / Head of Networks’ Key Requirements
- Experience working at the Highest Levels within a Telco or Hosting Environment
- A passion for all things technology related
- Excellent all-round communication skills especially in questioning and listening
- Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers when necessary.
- Experience and/or certification of JNCIA, CCIE VCP, not essential
- Degree Educated 2:2 or above or equivalent Industry experience and/or Certifications
- Ability to work under pressure
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today