Engineers and Maintenance, Field Service Engineer, Server Engineer
£25,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
IT Recruit UK and LinkPoint Resources specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Service Desk Engineer sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Service Desk Engineer to represent the client on customer site assisting them with IT issues across a broad range of technologies.
This includes evaluating customer needs, installing new computers and software, and troubleshooting problems.
Service Desk Engineer’s Core Duties
- Provision of support at customer premises working with IT users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
- Other relevant and appropriate activities as required.
Service Desk Engineer’s Key Requirements
- Highly experienced with Windows Server technologies (OS Builds, Active Directory, Group Policies, OS Patching, IIS, Certificate Services etc.)
- Strong understanding of virtualisation concepts and experience of managing multisite VMware vSphere environments
- Experience in performing virtualisation migration tasks such as P2V and V2V.
- Knowledge and experience working with Storage Technologies (particularly EMC VNX and Cisco MDS)
- Experience of supporting and maintaining Cisco UCS
- An understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP/DNS, Firewall, etc.) and experience with Cisco switch products (Nexus experience desirable)
- Knowledge of virtualisation backup products (in particular Veeam Backup and Replication)
- Moderate MS SQL Database Administration skills
- Basic PowerShell & scripting skills
Service Desk Engineer’s Desirable Criteria
- Experience of managing Exchange and migrating between versions
- Experience of supporting and maintaining XenApp server farms and XenDesktop sites.
- A Moderate knowledge of Linux systems administration
Service Desk Engineer’s Education & Qualifications
- VMware, Cisco, EMC, Citrix or Microsoft certifications
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today