Engineers and Maintenance, Field Service Engineer, Firewall & Security, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Consolidation, Installation / Rollout Engineer, LAN/WAN, Network Administrator, Network and Telecommunications, Network Manager, On-Site Engineer, Server Consolidation, Storage Virtualisation, System Admin Technician Engineer, Systems/Network Admin, TCP/IP, Virtualization, Wireless Technologies
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Home Based (Midlands Area
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Specialist Engineer to join our client in the Midlands.
You will be part of a specialist team responsible for installations worldwide. This is to include pre-sales support, project management, installation and training support for their staff and distribution.
Salary: £35,000 + £200 / week on call + Car + O/T, Mobile – Home / Field Based
Telecommunications Engineer’s Core Duties
- To be responsible for an provide technical support for the client’s systems. This will include the provision of system design and specifications, installation planning, project management, training requirements, network specifications and customer specific work schedule.
- Provide support documentation which will include configuration details, network diagrams and system schematics, prepared to a professional standard and logged within the appropriate shared CSC folders
- Ensure that all company and legislated Health and Safety rules and policies are always adhered to
- Liaise with agencies/other company representatives to ensure the smooth planning and subsequent installation/operation of the client’s systems. This is to include the preparation of documents where required, in conjunction with the sales and fulfilment process
- Be responsible for the planning and organising of work schedules and resources to ensure it is completed within the quoted budgets and scheduled time
- Pick up support tickets from the Field Engineering staff and International Resellers both in and out of hours, reviewing logs in order to identify and resolve issues.
- When required to resolve issues liaise with the Software Department for assisting with the potential software bugs in order to compare or identify and assist in testing and eventual resolution
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge on all software updates, configuration techniques and company products used for support and training to Field Engineering staff, Third Party Resellers and in the resolution of any problems on customer sites
- Maintain an accurate record of issues stock and whereabouts of that stock at all times
- Be technically aware of Company products including Product Information Notices, Software Releases Data Sheets, User Guides affecting them and attend company or supplier training courses as required
- To be proactive in identifying, configuring and implementing training programmes for customers and company staff for products and systems supplied both in the UK and overseas.
- To be proactive in identifying and resolving or following through to conclusion potential issues that may arise in relation to the installation, support and maintenance of company systems and solutions
- Provide leadership and support for other engineers and distributors with respect to any installation
- Liaise with third party suppliers to enable the smooth connection to systems and build up a database of the various options and connectivity of the third party systems. Where required create requirements or specification documentation and engage through to successful complete, liaising with software developers and sales/customers to ensure the delivered product meets the requirement.
- To be part of an ‘out of hours’ team rota providing remote support to UK Engineers and International clients. Travel and working away from home will be necessary in order to carry out the full scope of your duties.
Telecommunications Engineer’s Essential Skills/Experience:
- HNC or higher in IT/Telecoms
- Completed courses on VOIP, networking or other telecoms
- Strong background in IT Networking
- Server 2008/2012/2016
- Telecoms PABX, Linux e.g. Ubuntu LTS
- Understanding of protocols e.g. RS232 or API’s
- Remote Desktop, Firewalls
- Good communication skills
- Have an interested in technology or applications and how they can make a difference
Telecommunications Engineer’s Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Professional IT qualification e.g. CCNE, MCSA
- Experience within the Telecoms industry with SQL databases
- Work with mission critical system
- SIP or PTT solutions
Are you enthusiastic about the Telecommunications Engineer’s job? Send us your CV in word format today